Property Tax Advice
Real estate businesses attract a complex interaction of taxes. Often there are multiple stakeholders and a wealth of structuring vehicles available ranging from partnerships, corporates, unit trusts all the way through to REITs and PAIFs. This can be minefield in determining which is the best structure for you.
We have significant experience in structuring tax efficient property holdings and transactions for different property players and can help find the right solution for you.
Our founder and principal, Jon Fursdon, is the author of Croner Tax on Property 2017/18, one of the leading authoritative texts on property tax matters. For further details of this publication go to https://www.croneri.co.uk/content/cch-tax-property-2017-18
We can assist with the following:
- Advice on the most appropriate holding structure for the property, taking into account the trading or investment status of the property, and the tax status of the various stakeholders.
- Maximising UK tax relief for interest paid on loans to acquire properties
- Maximising capital allowance claims on any capital expenditure on properties
- Advice in relation to and assistance with the operation of the non-resident landlord scheme
- Advice in relation to ATED
- Advice in relation to the NRCGT charge and the extension of the UK tax base to cover non-residential property held by non-residents and to cover gains made indirectly from UK land
- Advice in relation to Landfill tax and Aggregates Levy
- UK Inheritance Tax advice in relation to UK and overseas property
- Minimising any VAT leakage within the structure taking into account the asset class, registrations, renovations plans and options to tax
- Obtaining zero and reduced rates of VAT where applicable
- Minimising the tax and SDLT on transfer of property
- Application of relief such as principal private residence relief, entrepreneurs’ relief, incorporation relief, business property relief, property regeneration VAT relief.